Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's easy being green


A facelift can be good for the soul. And one day I will probably boost my soul with one. But until then, I'm loving these trash to treasure projects.

The decor at our Oxford getaway is DIY chic thanks to my good friend Lori Burson, who can make a snap decorating decision in the time it takes to hang a picture.


Above left, Nanny's chair recovered with a geometric pattern. Not real comfy ... but real cute!

Above right: the table from my childhood house on Dixie Avenue, painted cream and roughed up with Lori's rotary sander. Some recovered club chairs I found in the attic give it pizzaz.

Right: Also from my grandmother's house in downtown Hattiesburg -- side tables, which were once an outdated maple, look so adorable painted lime green and placed alongside her antique iron bed.

My next project, once I figure it out, is painting an Asian-inspired lamp with bright colors like this one above, which I spotted in a store window in Oxford.

My lamp needs its youth and vitality restored ... a nip and a tuck of beauty that, yes, is skin deep and just what the doctor ordered.


No comments:

Post a Comment